Now that summer has finally arrived in Frankfurt, here are some ideas of things to do on a sunny day:
1. Visit the zoo.¬† The U-Bahn lines U6 and U7, tram line 14 and bus nr. 31 all stop there.
2. Take a ride on an open-top bus around the city centre.
3. Visit the Palm Garden and see the tropical and sub-tropical plants or take a ride on the Palmen-Express.
4. Spend a day at the Museumsuferfest (Museum Embankment Festival), 24th-26th August 2012.
5. Take a boat trip along the River Main…
6. … or learn to drive one yourself.
7. Go up the Commerzbank Tower and see Frankfurt and the surrounding area from the 49th floor (you must register in advance, tours are on the last Saturday of each month).
8. Visit the flea market on the south bank of the river (Schaumainkai).¬† Use the “Eisener Steg” to cross from the Altstadt to Sachsenhausen.
9. Go swimming in one of Frankfurt’s seven open-air swimming pools (Freib√§der)
10. Just sit outside one of the Caf√©s at the R√∂mer and enjoy an ice cream.
If you have any other suggestions then please leave a comment below…