With winter just around the corner, here are some ideas for things to do in Frankfurt am Main during the cold months of the year:
1. Go ice skating – at the Eissporthalle (take the U7 train or tram no.12)
2. Take a ride on the Ebbelwoi-Express – a historical tram ride that takes an hour and goes past many sights in the city centre whilst service apple juice and cider.
4. Go shopping on the Zeil, or just visit “My Zeil” and watch the shoppers go by from the inside of the glass hole.
5. Try the local cuisine – apple wine with potatoes and green sauce – in Sachsenhausen, south of the river (take tram nr. 14 to Frankensteiner Platz).
6. Visit the Frankfurt Stock Exchange and watch the DAX go up and down.
7. Take in a concert at the Alte Oper.
8. Find out about the history of money in general and how Germany’s central bank works at the Geldmuseum at the Bundesbank.
9. Enjoy the warm temperatures inside the greenhauses at the PalmenGarten.
10. Visit the Christmas Market in front of the Frankfurt’s town hall – the Römer.
Do you have any other ideas? Please leave a comment in the space below!
Tags: Alte Oper, apple wine, Bundesbank, Christmas Market, DAX, Ebbelwoi-Express, Eissporthalle, Explora, frankfurt, Frankfurt am Main, Garden, Glass hole, green sauce, greenhouse, Ice Skating, money, museum, My Zeil, Natural History, palm, Palmengarten, potatoes, sachsenhausen, science, Senckenberg, Stock Exchange, tram, Weihnachtsmarkt, Winter