Our websites take data protection and privacy issues very seriously.
1. We do not use tracking cookies on our sites. Our sites do not use Google Analytics.
2. We do use a cookie to avoid showing you the same pop-up each time you visit the site. This cookie does not contain any personal information. We also cookies for the shopping cart in our online stores, and if you choose to remain logged into any membership site.
3. If you leave a comment on a blog post, then the information you enter (name, e-mail address, website) will be stored on our server. This is necessary for your comment to appear on the blog. The information may also be stored in a cookie.
4. On some sites we also use the Disqus comment system, which means that your comments are stored on the Disqus server as well. Disqus may set a cookie in your browser.
5. If you sign up to one of our newsletters, your information (first name and e-mail address) will be stored on our server. This is necessary to deliver you the newsletter. Depending on which sign-up form you use, it may also be stored in a cookie.
6. Our newsletters always include a link in the footer to unsubscribe at any time.
7. Each of our websites has a page called the “Impressum” showing our full address and contact details. There are also included in the footer of any e-mails.
8. Our servers are located in the Federal Republic of Germany. Our data backups are stored within the European Union. Our IT helpdesk system, Zendesk, adheres to the Safe Harbor agreement between the Federal Republic of Germany and the United States of America.
9. We do not at any time allow 3rd party access to personal data, nor do we sell personal data in any form.
10. Our websites contain graphics, banners, and sometimes embedded frames that are provided by our advertisers. It is possible, that they store a 3rd-party cookie on your browser. You can block these cookies by making the necessary changes to the privacy settings in your web browser. Videos hosted on YouTube and embedded in our sites may also store 3rd-party cookies.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that are used in your web browser for a variety of reasons. When you log into a website, or buy something online, for example. Although they do not usually contain personal data directly, they can be used to track your movements through a website. Some advertisers may use them to see which website other than this one you have visited.
Copyright Collective (VG Wort)
The articles on our sites are registered with the VG Wort. The VG Wort collects anonymous statistics about these posts.